Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ian's Turns One!!

Ian had a great time eating his cake. Many might say that I took the easy way out because his cake was covered in fondant instead of traditional icing; however, in my defense I wasn't given an option and when your mom is paying for the custom cake to match the party theme you don't say a thing.


Ian's first bite of deliciousness! That was all it took to get him hooked. By the end of the evening he ate half of the cake and slept it off the next day which was great for me!


Ian's cake. The party's theme was Baby Einstein.



This was the cake for everyone else who attended the party. The cake was great and if anyone wants the contact information for the decorator I will gladly give it to you.


This day was a bittersweet day for me. I'm sure any other mom would agree. I was sad that I didn't have my cute little baby anymore and I reminesed of the days when I could just hold him all day and stare at him. The days when he wasn't moving and into everything! Jared says that if I miss it that much it is time to have another but I'm not ready for that so don't get any ideas!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!!! It's crazy that our babies are one. He looks so cute in his pictures too, that big old open mouth Ian smile. I got all choked up seeing your graduation pictures, congratulations, what an accomplishment. You and Jared look great. What's going on with the house situation? Tell Jared Hi. Love ya.